Community Leadership Awards
The Community Leadership Award is given to community volunteers and leaders who have proven themselves to be an asset to the community and who support the growth of other leaders in the community. They have volunteered their time and services to support others, and the community service they provide shows they care about people and are willing to go the extra mile for others. This award recognizes those who display leadership, communication, mentoring, motivational speaking, training, event promotion, and a voluntary spirit in their encouragement of others to make a difference in the future of our community.
Qualifications for the award include:
- Demonstrates leadership in a community-based program or in their field of expertise
- Gives from the heart and has donated extensive hours to community service
- Leads program(s) that add value to or improve the community
- Displays excellent customer service and communication skills
- Has a positive attitude and has shown tremendous leadership development
- Is committed to bettering the lives of others through community activities and volunteering
- Mentors others to help advance future leaders
- Serves as a model of excellence in their profession and is poised to accomplish more
- 10 or more people in the community can attest to their valuable community service
- Nominees must be a current resident of the state of Nevada
- A letter of nomination (minimum 250 words) must be submitted by the nominator
- Two letters of support verifying the qualifications of the nominee must be submitted by coworkers, friends, or other community leaders
- Nominations should include the specific award category (see below), details of the nominee’s personal attributes, leadership, communication, and mentoring skills, as well as evidence of support for community development.
Award categories for Community Leadership Awards.
- Police Officer
- Prayer Partner
- Business Owner
- Church Leader (Pastor, Bishop, Minister, Deacon)
A person may only be nominated for one of seven award categories and they must not have been a previous recipient of the same award.
Community Leadership Award recipients are selected by a committee of community workers, business owners, and advisory board members.
Nominations and supporting letters must be postmarked by November 1 of each year and mailed to Community Connect, Inc., PO Box 621703, Las Vegas NV 89162.
Community Leadership Awards are presented at the Community Connect, Inc., Toy Drive and Community Leadership Award event held each year in December (December 2, 2017).